What does this even mean?
Well, I’d say it means feeling uneasy, timid or embarrassed around people. It is an extreme self consciousness that affects its victim in various ways.
Okay, let’s break that down with symptoms
1. Finding it hard to voice your opinion or speak up; keeping mute
2. Getting embarrassed with eyes pounding
- Shyness restricts its victims from realizing his/her full potentials
- It makes one accept items and situations they do not like because they’re afraid to say ‘NO’
- Such person loses out the joy of making new friends and meeting new people
- It makes one look uncaring, boring, unfriendly and proud
- And most importantly, you lose the joy of meeting the real-you. The fun part
Things you should know:
- Shyness doesn’t describe what you are, it only describes your behavior
- Key point ~ Stop worrying about what people say about you
- Always bring positivity into your thinking
- A difference of opinion does not mean rejection of a person
Now that we know what shyness means, how do we overcome this?
- Be sociable
- Be the first to start up a conversation
- Dress comfortably
- Stand straight and be calm
- Smile and always take that deep breath
- And lastly; Work more on who you really are inside; a person who is inwardly beautiful will always be attractive to others.
Victoria Lola ❤