3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, baking soda, 1 cup teaspoons salt, sugar, semisweet chocolate; finely chopped, butter, eggs (lightly beaten), vanilla extract, fresh raspberries, dried cranberries or cherries for garnish, water, sugar, and food colouring (any color of your choice)
Ok, let’s start!
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter and flour the tube pan.
- In a large bowl, sift togetger flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a pot, combine sugar and water and bring to boil. Remove the pot and stir in the chocolate and one stick butter. When completely melted, whisk all the mixture to combine
- Whisk in the lightly beaten eggs
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk vigorously to thoroughly combine the ingredients and remove any lumps
- Now, add the remaining chocolate mixture and mix
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for an hour.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for some few minutes, then turn out onto a rack to coop completely
- In another bowl, cream together the remaining sticks of butter and the sugar. Mix until light and fluffy
- Remove one-third cup of icing, place in a small bowl, color with few drops of food coloring.
- Put the remaining icing in a pot, and add the vanilla. Over low heat, stir the icing until it becomes a pourable consistency (if it overheats, causing the butter to separate, put the icing in the refrigerator to chill and stir to bring it back together)
- Pour the icing over the cooled cake
- Cluster the berries on it….I blended my berries on it
- Here, you have your chocolate wreath cake
Victoria Lola ❤