Self confidence is a feeling of appreciation of one’s own abilities. It is being sure of yourself simply because you know and appreciate those things that you are good at and no one else can
What are the factors to consider in building self confidence?
- Know, accept and love yourself
- Acknowledge your accomplishments. Prepare a list of positive accomplishments and personality characteristics. Post this to where you can view it daily
- Do not compare yourself to compete with others.
- Prepare a list of your weaknesses and strengths – work on your fears and maximize your strengths
- Believe in yourself. Stay positive, have a positive attitude and affirm yourself. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Say ‘I can’, ‘I will’, ‘I am able’, and appreciate those who offer praise about your appearance or ability
- Set goals, empower and equip yourself – visualize these goals
- Become an expert. Research and learn; strive to acquire knowledge and skills in your area of interest or competence, and share with others
- Surround yourself with positive people who will help you build up and will encourage you to achieve your highest potentials
- Treat each setbacks as an opportunity to learning; look upon it as one step to growth
- De-personalize failure
- Face each challenge with an open mind. Recognize that challenges are part of one’s daily life
- Maintain your perspective. Time and distance can transform your beliefs about reality
- Celebrate every success
- Measure yourself by what you have done, what you are doing, and what you can do
- Keep a regular record of accomplishments and build on them. Do something a little better than yesterday; the little achievements will make you feel good and encourage you to do more
- Reward yourself. Give yourself a treat.
Good Luck 🙂